Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friendship.....Companionship....

What is a friend? Websters Dictionary, defines a friend as one attached to another by affection or esteem, one that is not hostile or a favored companion. When I was in high school, my parents always used to say "all these people you call your friends now, will not be your friends after you graduate." Boy were they right! I have 2 friends from high school, 1 male and 1 female. The rest of my friends are from elementary school and the neighborhood I grew up in; Danielle, Michael, Devon, Melissa, and Brittany (we've known each other our whole lives, like seriously). And then there is Lexi (Alex), Mary, and Whitney whom I have just met a couple years ago and I feel like I have known them forever. Of course we have all had our spats over the years, but that's what real friends do. We don't lie to one another to save feelings especially when it is something serious. Truth be told, my friends are more like family to me than my actual family. Then there is Steven, my fiancĂ© *dreamy eyes*...... He is truly my best friend. We hold back nothing from one another and I have always felt I could be myself around him and vice versa. He is the person that has given me a new outlook on friendship and companionship. Honestly I think he is the first guy that I have dated that all my friends like!!! I know its because this is the happiest I have been in a VERY long time. Really I just want to thank everybody for being my friend and standing by me through the really thick and thin moments in my life and for that one special little thing that you do. You all mean so much to me! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment